To clean the wooden floor filled with construction dust, use a broom to sweep the floor. Then vacuum the floor with a vacuum cleaner. Make a vinegar and water mixture and dip a mop into that mixture.
Use that wet mop to remove all the construction dust and debris from all floor areas. Now dip a microfiber cloth into a bucket filled with warm water and rinse the floor area.
How To Clean Construction Dust From Wood Floors?
Follow these steps to remove construction dust from the wood floor.
Step 1: Vacuum the floor
- Choose a vacuum cleaner with an external brush.
- Attach the external brush to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use this vacuum cleaner to vacuum construction dust and debris from the wood surface.
- Make sure to clean the corners as well.
Step 2: Apply A Vinegar Solution To The Wood Floor To Clean It
Construction dust contains silica and calcium-based elements. Most of these elements come from cement. To remove them, acetic acid works better.
- Try to follow the below-mentioned process to clean the floor.
- Take a bucket and fill it with warm water.
- For every liter of water, pour 50 to 100 grams of vinegar into that bucket and mix them to make a mixture.
- Pour that mixture into a spray bottle and spray the solution on the floor.
- Now use a clean mop to remove all the dust.
Step 3: Mop The Floors With A Detergent Solution.
- Take two buckets and fill the two buckets with warm water.
- Now pour detergent into one bucket and make a mixture.
- Dip a clean mop into the mixture and use it to clean the floor surface.
- Dip the mop into the bucket filled with clean water after cleaning the whole floor with a detergent mixture.
- Use it to remove the dust.
Now dry the wall. If construction dust is still in your house, you may use different floor cleaners for better results.
How To Clean Construction Dust Off Laminate Floors?
Follow these steps to remove construction dust from laminate floors.
Step 1: Sweep the dust off the laminate floors.
- Wear a face mask so you can’t inhale dust with your breath.
- Now take a soft brush broom.
- Use it to sweep the dust and make removable piles.
- Pick up significant dust elements with a dust pin.
Step 2: Make use of a vacuum cleaner.
- After sweeping the dust is complete, use a vacuum cleaner.
- To do it, take a shop vac.
- Now use it gently on the laminate floors.
- Make sure to vacuum the corners as well.
- Don’t apply extra pressure, or you may damage the floor.
Step 3: Using a wet mop, clean the wall
- Take a bucket.
- Fill it with warm water.
- Make a mixture with the detergent in the bucket.
- Dip a mop into that mixture and use it to clean the floor surface.
- Then dip the mop into clean water and use it to clean the floor surface again.
Follow this process twice or thrice to get better results.
Step 4: Perform a Comprehensive Inspection
- Now check every area of the laminate floor and look for dust.
- If you get any spots, clean them with the upper process.
- Make sure to change the mop cloth after cleaning the floor with it once or twice.
How To Clean Hardwood Floors After Construction?
If you want to know how to keep hardwood floors dust free follow the below-mentioned process.
Step 1: Cleaning Surface Level Dust
To do it,
- Hold a dry mop or a broom.
- Use it in the same direction as your wood boards to clean your wood floors.
- You may use a vacuum cleaner too.
- Try to use a HEPA vacuum cleaner for this purpose.
Step 2: Mopping The Floor
- Now hold a pad or microfiber cloth.
- Dip it in a bucket filled with warm water.
- You may also use a detergent and water mixture solution for better results.
- Try to avoid chemical cleaners.
- Now use it to clean the surface of the wood floor.
Step 3: Cleaning The Gaps In The Wood Board
Two wood boards have small gaps in their attaching areas. These areas are one of the worst places for dirt buildup. To clean it, follow these steps.
- Hold a putty knife.
- Drive it into the floor gaps.
- Use it to remove the dust from the floors.
- Then use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum up the dust.
Step 4: Clean The Corners
After cleaning the gaps, try to clean the corners of the floor.
- It takes another wet mop to do it.
- Push it into the corner section of the floor.
- Use it gently to remove the dust from the cover.
- Make sure to change the wet mop after using it for a few minutes.
Step 5: Conduct A Thorough Inspection To Prevent Dust Accumulation.
- Now check all the areas of the floors so that no dust remains.
- If you get dust somewhere, follow the process mentioned above.
- For cleaning house after construction, follow this complete process once or twice.
How To Clean Drywall Dust Off Wood Floors?
Follow this process to clean the drywall and dust off the wall.
Step 1: Stop Drywall Dust From Spreading
While cleaning the drywall dust from the wall, the cleaning process will take a long time if it is spread continuously. To prevent it,
- Dip a microfiber cloth in a bucket filled with clean water.
- Now spread it on the floor so that it can catch dust.
- Take the wet cloth outside and shake all the dust-out.
- Clean the cloth by dipping it in the water bucket.
- Continue the process a couple of times for better results.
Step 2: Sweeping Up The Majority Of The Dust
Wear a dust mask, so you don’t face long-term respiratory issues because of inhaling heavy dust.
- Start sweeping with a broom from the corner of the room.
- Make sure to sweep the broom straight to make a pile of dust in the center of the room.
- Sweep the whole room, and then pour all the dust into the dustbin with a dustpan.
- Complete this process twice or thrice to get better results.
Step 3: Make Use Of A Vacuum Cleaner
After sweeping the floor with a broom, try to use a vacuum cleaner. When choosing a vacuum cleaner, choose one with an external brush attachment. Follow these steps to clean the floor.
- Attach the external brush attachment to the vacuum cleaner.
- Now use it in every area of the room with a rhythmic motion.
- Make sure to sweep the corners properly so that dust can’t build up.
Use a small knife to clean up any holes or cracks in the floor.
Step 4: Carry Out An Inspection
- After completing all three steps, try to complete a proper inspection.
- Check every area of the floor to see if any drywall dust remains.
- If you get any spots, try to use a damp cloth to clean that area.
- Ideally, check the cracks or hole areas so that dust can’t build up.
- Make sure to check the area of the floor where the two boards are attached to each other also.
How To Clean Tile Floors After Construction?
Make a water and vinegar mixture. Dip a clean microfiber cloth into that mixture. Use that cloth to sweep the surface of the tiles.
Now use an adhesive pad to clean the surface of the tiles. Make sure to clean the grout lines with an unused brush by scrubbing the surface of the tiles. Use water to rinse the floor. Let the tiled floor dry.
Construction dust can cover the floor area through neighborhood construction projects or house renovations. This dust decreases the glossiness of floors and damages their materials. So how to clean construction dust from wood floors?
Use a broom to sweep the construction-dust-covered floor to make it clean. After that, use a vacuum to clean the floor. Make a solution of vinegar and water and dunk a mop.
Use that damp mop to clean the entire floor of all the construction dust and debris. Rinse the floor area by dipping a microfiber cloth into a pail of warm water.